Fr. Gregory Saw Phaw Htoo (Pastor).
RCM Church 5th Street, 12 Ward Pyapon, Ayeyarwady Division, +95 (0)45 40366.
Pya-pon town is one of the delta towns in the southwest of Yangon. It can be reached by car and by boat nowadays. Pya-pon mission was started around 1900 by French Missionaries (MEP). In 1934 the present Church was built. In 1957 realizing the needs of the people the French Missionaries built boarding houses for boys and girls and ran the boarding school inside the Church compound. After the nationalization, the school was moved outside of the Church compound, while the Boarding continues until this day.
The mission is a vast delta mission. Traveling within the mission is possible by boat and on foot only. There are 425 Catholic families scattered in 35 villages. According to the 2004 statistics there are 2097 Catholics living in this parish. There are 1 priest, 6 nuns (3 SFX and 3 OSM), 5 catechists, and 10 lay volunteers (Home Missioners) who are working for the mission.